Porter Parts is looking for a Purchasing Officer who will be responsible for maintaining stock levels across NZ & AU along with managing daily enquiries and orders.
The Porter Group supplies world-leading Heavy Equipment brands through parts, sales and rentals in four countries - New Zealand, Australia, Papua New Guinea, and Southern California.
Porter Parts a division of the Porter Group is looking for a Purchasing Officer who will be responsible for maintaining stock levels across NZ and AU along with managing daily enquiries and orders. The role will encompass a number of duties as outlined below.
You will work in a team environment where each purchasing officer is dedicated to a number of product categories.
- Liaising with suppliers to ascertain pricing and product availability
- Generating and analysing stock reorder reports
- Placing purchase orders
- Managing backorders
- Coordinating shipping
- Coordinating with our inwards goods team during the receiving process
- Processing warranty claims
- Administration relating to the role
- Supporting sales staff with supply or product enquiries
The ideal candidate will be competent in the below areas:
- Able to adapt to an evolving role.
- Thinks logically with excellent problem-solving skill
- Driven to achieve top results in all areas
- Excellent time management skills with an ability to multitask
- Enthusiastic and helpful attitude
- Strong attention to detail
- Self-motivated and able to work both alone or as part of a team
- Good general computer literacy
- Experience with MS office tools, strong Excel skills would be beneficial
- Previous experience in purchasing roles
- Mechanically minded, an automotive or construction equipment background would be beneficial
Porter Group offers free Medical Insurance, onsite training plus a friendly and supportive team.